Wednesday, April 1, 2009

From the Bottom of My Hearth

Being a programmer was not in my career plan at first. In fact, I felt that went to college at Informatics ITS was a mistake. I chose it just because it was popular, hold highest passing grade amongst other faculties, and people saw you as 'excellent' one if you can pass it. When I was taking course at Ganesha Operation, I coudn't pass it. So I made a bet when I chose it at UMPTN. My curiousity and pride dominated me. I didn't even know what would I learn in Informatics. But I did study hard then. And Alhamdulillah I made it.

First day as a computer student, I didn't know anything about computer. I didn't even know how to start it up. I hate computer when I was at junior high. People always say that computer makes our live easier. But for me, learning computer means memorizing lots of DOS commands, and I hate memorizing. Knowing that almost all my friends had computer skill made me floundering about. But I had strong motivation then, I had to learn fast so that I didn't look like a fool in my new environment. And Alhamdulillah I made it.

After spending four years on college, I didn't feel that I had enough insight about IT world. So I decided that I need to find a job in IT related industry. But people around me said that it's better for me to finish my study first then apply for a job, but I didn't listen to them. I decided to go on anyway (now I realize why it took me seven years to finish my study :)). And within next two week I got a phone call. God, I got the job. Alhamdulillah, I made it.

One day, my office organized a program. It was a small party to congratulate our seniors that achieve their Sun and Microsoft certification. As a newcomer, I was very impressed. "When will my time come?" Months later I talked to myself. "I want Java certificate. I can do that! And I will get that!" High motivation gave me energy for next a month full of hard working and learning. Thanks Lord, the result was high above my expectation. Alhamdulillah I made it, and it was continued with Oracle SQL certification.

Times passed by, I didn't realize that for last two or three years I never touched my final project nor paid my professor a visit. I decided to take a job leave then so I had enough times to finish my final project. It took almost two months working on it. Alhamdulillah I made it.

Those experiences taught me that I can do something I want. I just need to strengthen my will, make a plan, take a first step, and follow the plan I made. And at the end, whether it is succeed or fail, at least I have tried.

0 comments:

 

©2009 Stay the Same | by TNB